Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Ahoj!
My team and I have been having a great few weeks so far! After training I was able to spend the night at Brad and Lucie Kaspar's apartment and meet their baby, Adam! Brad and Lucie were my team leaders last year, and have had a huge affect on my life since I've known them. They have taught me so much, and it was so good to see them and catch up with them. They live as missionaries here in Czech.
Adam Kaspar


After my time with the Kaspars, I met up with my team and went to Hradec Kralove to visit the youth group and meet with the English Camp Team. It was so great to see everyone. This is the church I've been working with for the last 4 years. It's such a privilege to work with them again. We led a youth group, went to church, had a barbeque, met with the team, and visited some schools to promote the camps. While we were in Hradec, I went to the hospital and found a place to do some physical therapy for my back. I've been traveling there a couple times in order to help my back get better. Please continue praying that it would heal as my back has still been hurting.

Maruska, Me, Hami (Students from Hradec Kralove)



The City Square of Hradec Kralove

After Hradec Kralove and some rest in Vysoke Myto, we traveled to Havlickuv Brod to visit schools, hang out with the youth group, go to church, and meet with the camp leadership. It was amazing to see the growth from last year in the group. This will their second time doing camp with KAM. Some of the camp team took us to a fairy tale trail in the forest in a village nearby, where we got to experience some fun for children, as well as time with good friends. The next day they took us to Kutna Hora where we saw the bone church and the St. Barbara Cathedral.

The Bone church in Kutna Hora


Group Picture at the Fairy Tale forest event
(back left to right: Josh, Patrick, Connor, Jonatan)
(front left to right: Honza, Me, Autumn, Lynn, Eva)

The time with the churches has been great, and the school visits have been a lot of fun. There seems to be a lot of interest in camp. Hopefully we will have full camps at each camp! We've had a nice relaxing time in Vysoke Myto for the last couple days and head out to Valmez and Vykrovice tomorrow for more school and youth group visits.

ALSO--- PRAISE GOD! All of my support is in! Thanks for everyone who contributed and prayed. God is always faithful, and proved His provision again.

Please keep us in your prayers
- Continued team unity and saftey
- Health for our team, that no one gets sick or hurt
- My back to be healed
- Autumn's nephew as he recovers from open heart surgery
- The Vykrovice youth group, camp team, and school as we visit them and get to know them
- Hradec Kralove and Havlickuv Brod as they continue preparing for camps
- The American teams who will be coming out to help us- for financial provision, preparation, and team unity

Thanks for your prayers and support. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. :) Buh ti zehnej.

No comments:

Post a Comment