Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ahoj (Hello) Friends!
As many of you already know, I have the opportunity to intern with Josiah Venture in the Czech Republic again this year! I will be putting updates about my summer on this blog, along with a few pictures and things as I can. If you'd like to recieve them as emails instead, please let me know! :)
I will be working on a team of six, including Connor, Patrick, Lynn, and myself, as well as our team leaders Josh, and Autumn. Connor, Patrick, and Lynn are all still in school. Josh is from Hawaii and has led teams in the past. Autumn is a missionary in Czech, and lives in Vysoke Myto.
I will be leaving on May 25, and returning on August 13. I have the privilege of working with two of the camps I got to work with last year- Hradec Kralove and Havlickuv Brod. I have been able to work with Hradec Kralove for the last four years, so to be able to work with them again will be a great joy, as I've developed some great friendships with the students from that city. We will also be working with Vikyrovice.
Here's a basic overview of the summer (some is subject to change):
Amazing Race - 5/26-28 (right when we get there we will compete in the "amazing race" for team building)
Intern Training - 5/28-6/3
Town and School Visits - 6/4-6/20 (to work with the youth groups and promote the camps in the schools)
Work Project 6/23 - 6/26
Camp Training #1 - 6/29
Camp #1 - Hradec Kralove - week of 7/2
Camp Training #2 - 7/13
Camp #2 - Vikyrovice week of 7/16
Camp Training #3 - 7/27
Camp #3 - Havlickuv Brod - week of 7/31
Debrief in Prague - 8/10
Fly home - 8/13
I'm looking forward to seeing what God will do this summer, both in the hearts of the Czech students, and in my heart. I know, however, that I can do nothing unless God is working through me. So I am asking for your prayers. Please pray diligently as I am preparing to leave. Pray for my preparations, as I am packing, raising money, and preparing my heart to go. Pray for my back, as it's been hurting me, and I've been seeing chiropractors to fix it before I leave. Pray for protection in my travels, as well as the other interns in the next couple weeks. Pray for my team, that we would have good team dynamics, especially as we will get to know each other during the highly stressful Amazing Race. And pray, please, for the students as they are signing up for camp, that God would begin preparing their hearts even now.
I mentioned that I am still raising money. My finances are over halfway, but my deadline is June 20. That is a little less than a month away. So far I have $2,410. I need $4,070, which leaves $1,660. Please pray that God provides it for me. If you would like to support me financially, but have not received a letter, please contact me so I can get you a tax-deductible financial slip.
Thanks so much for your prayers and you support. I am looking forward to sharing what will happen this summer. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call me (before May 25). Buh ti zehnej! (God bless you).
In Christ,
Sarah Halm

1 comment: